Monday, March 19, 2012

and The Adventure continues.....

As some of you may know Bliss Salon & Boutique
will be relocating this summer!  Below is a picture of our new location, present day.


We have been working on this plan for over a year now.  It has taken that long to find a location, secure it and do all the legal stuff that comes along with owning property.  Trust me keeping it a secret was no easy job.  If everything goes well the store should be moving around end of June, first of July.  As of today there are construction men in there working on cleaning the building out and doing some light demolition.  I am SOOO excited.  Here are a few present day inside pics.





 Transforming this place is going to be hard work, but investing in downtown, being apart of the next phase of history, and repurposing a historic location will make it all worth it in the end.  I'm very proud to own a building full of history and family stories.  I can't wait to make my own memories in it. 

The previous owners of the building, Quattlebaum Family, are a group of brother and sisters to whom the building was passed down to from their father Ivan Quattlebaum.  Although the original use of the building I have yet to find out, I know that Mr. Quattlebaum had a store called The Swap and Stop.  I've heard lots of stories about what he sold in that building, and have even found several fliers that had been printed off announcing sales like a truck load mattress sale.  At one point Leon Person (who is married to Sherry Quattlebaum) had his furniture store located at this building.  After he closed it down the family has used the building as storage.  I look forward to hearing lots of stories from people who have memories of this place.  Below is a picture of our building taken in the 1940's.




2 comments:

  1. So excited to see such a special place being taken care of and not torn down. Too much of old Searcy is a parking lot today and I have so many wonderful memories of visiting my Papa here as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super exciting Paige. Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete